Friends of Abington Libraries
The Friends raise funds for and foster public awareness of the Abington Township Public Libraries. If you wish to join us and volunteer, please go to the Library Office or click on this link and fill out a Volunteer Application form or call 215-885-5180, ext. 36. Thank you!
"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C. S. Lewis
“Get Cozy with a Good Book”
Displayed at Abington Free Library's Circulation Desk
- Hand-crocheted afghan/twin blanket (67x76 inches) -100% Cotton, can be machine washed and dried
- All the Light We Cannot See by: Anthony Doerr - Ranked one of New York Times “top 10 books of 2014”
- Lang photo album (holds 24 photos)
- Clip-on book light (batteries included)
- 2 matching mugs
- 2 boxes of Sleepy Time tea
- Godiva crème brûlée truffle & dark chocolate almonds
- Almond orange Biscotti
- Decorative storage box
Raffle Tickets: $2.00 OR 3 for $5.00
Drawing will be week of March 15th. Winner will be notified.
Sponsored by The Friends of Abington Library.
All proceeds support the Abington Township Public Libraries.
The Friends of Abington Township Public Library
Winning designs will be printed as bookmarks and made available to library patrons.
Who is eligible? Students of all ages (Kindergarten through 12th Grade)
Is there a required theme? Yes! Your drawing must illustrate one of the following themes:
(1) Unlimited possibilities @ your library® (the 2015 National Library Week theme) - OR -
(2) Why your Library is important to you.
How will winners be selected? Judges will select one winner from each grade K-6, one winner from grades 7-8, and one winner from grades 9-12.
Winners will be notified by phone by March 31st.
A celebratory dessert reception will be held for the winners and their families during the week of April 12th.
How do I enter?
- Design an original bookmark. Your drawing may be vertical or horizontal, but it must measure 2.25” x 7” and fit entirely within the border. (please measure your bookmark)
- The bookmarks will be printed in black and white, so use a medium that reproduces well!
Hint: Test the printability of your drawing by making a photocopy.
- Draw your artwork in the space provided; or you may submit your drawing on a separate sheet (attached to your entry form) provided that the drawing meets the dimension requirements.
- Return your completed form to the entry box located at the Circulation Desk by March 15th. You may submit more than one entry.
Good luck and have fun!
Friends’ Flea Market, Book and Spring Plant Sidewalk Sale
Visit the BookCellar - Used Book Store
on the lower level of the Abington Free Library.
Mon., Tues., Thurs. & Fri.: noon - 4 p.m.,
Wed.: 12:30 - 4:30 p.m.; 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.,
Sat., 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Benefits Abington Libraries. The BookCellar is located on the Lower Level of Abington Free Library. Please come by and browse through our extensive collection. All of our books, movies and music are for sale at bargain prices!
Friends phone: 215-885-5180, ext. 36. All proceeds benefit the Abington Libraries’ Book Fund.
How does AmazonSmile work?
For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to The Friends of Abington Township Public Library to support its Libraries when you sign up through this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7226052
Did you know ...
that you can get BookCellar books on Amazon?
Buy BookCellar Books on Amazon!
Wonderful selection, great prices, fast service!
Book Bag Prices: one for $3, two for $5.
Book Lover's Calendar 2015
($12.99 retail value)
The Book Lover’s Calendar offers insightful recommendations for readers of all interests. Crime fiction and history come together in A Murder on the Appian Way, Steven Saylor’s lively novel set in ancient Rome. Wordsmiths will devour The Man Who Made Lists: Love, Death, Madness, and the Creation of Roget’s Thesaurus. Plus James Boice’s dark and engrossing basketball novel MVP and Michael Burlingame’s definitive Abraham Lincoln: A Life. And new elements this year include opening lines and famous last words of great books, literary quizzes, and surprising facts about our favorite authors.