Get a Library Card
If you reside in Abington Township or Rockledge or pay property taxes here, you may get a Library card, without charge, at the Abington Free Library or the Roslyn Library. Children under 18 need a parent's, grandparent's or guardian's signature on the registration form. Please come in to Abington Free Library or Roslyn Branch with identification showing your current address to register yourself/your child(ren).
Please CLICK HERE to download a library card application. After the file has downloaded, you may open the PDF file and fill out any of the required fields. The attached PDF documents includes editable fields and can be printed directly from your computer. You may also print out this application and fill it out by hand. Please bring this application with your photo identification to the library to register.
Proper identification includes:
- Valid driver's license or state ID with current address,
- or a valid driver's license or state ID with your old address if you bring something with your current address such as an insurance card, checkbook, utility bill, lease or mortgage that shows a current address.
Please note that you will need a PDF reader to download this application. If you do not have a PDF reader, please CLICK HERE to download the FREE Adobe reader.
Please alert us immediately if your card is lost or stolen. You are responsible for returning on time and in good condition any items borrowed with it. Therefore, cards must not be loaned to others. To replace a lost card: come to the library with identification. Card replacement cost is $3.00.
Non-Residents of Abington Township
If you have a valid Access Pennsylvania Library card from your home library, you are welcome to check out materials according to borrowing periods and limits from the Abington Township Libraries. You will be responsible, as our residents are, for returning on time and in good condition any materials checked out on your card. If you do not have a valid Access Pennsylvania Library card, you may use any materials in our Library, you cannot check anything out.
If you work or go to school in Abington Township, you may apply for an Abington Library card that you can use only in Abington Township Public Library. This card is not a Pennsylvania Access card. This card will be valid for one year, renewable after a year if the patron is still working or going to school in Abington Township.
When the library system is offline, you must bring in your library card in order to borrow items.
The standard loan period for books is 21 days, exceptions are below:
- New fiction -- 2 weeks
- New non-fiction -- 3 weeks
- DVDs -- 1 week
- DVD series with 6 or more DVDs -- 3 weeks
- Children's DVDs -- 1 week
- Children's Holiday Books -- 1 week (within a month of the holiday, otherwise 3 weeks)
- Renewals -- original loan period unless the item is reserved. Renew in the Library with or without the item, online, or over the phone at 215-885-5180, ext. 12. Patron must have a valid library card to renew. Look into renewing online!
- CDs and Children's Big Books -- 3 weeks
- Fiction -- no item limit
- Non-fiction -- 4 per subject per card
- Music CDs -- 5 per card
- Audio Books -- 5 per card
- Playaways -- 5 per card
- DVDs -- 5 per card
- Materials with the prefix REF or R or JR do not circulate without specific permission from the Head of Reference or the Head of Children's.
- Roslyn Branch Library's periodicals may be checked out.
- Reference materials do not circulate without specific permission from the Head of Reference or the Head of Children's.
- Items can be renewed one time for the original loan period unless they are on reserve. Renew in the Library with or without the item, online, or over the phone at 215-885-5180, ext. 12. Patron must have a valid library card to renew. Look into renewing online!
The following checkout periods and limits will also apply:
- CHILDREN’S NON-FICTION: 4 books per subject per card
- CHILDREN’S HOLIDAY MATERIALS (excluding videos/DVDs): 4 items per subject per card
- During the 30 days preceding a holiday: items circulate for 1 week. NO RENEWALS
- During the rest of the year: Items circulate for 3 weeks.