Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I get a library card?
If you reside in Abington Township or Rockledge or pay property taxes here, you may get a library card, without charge, at the Abington Free Library or the Roslyn Library. Children under 18 need a parent's signature on the registration form. Please come in to Abington Free Library or Roslyn Branch with identification showing your current address to register yourself/your child(ren).
Please visit our library card application page for more informaton.
- What do I do if I lose my library card?
Please alert us immediately if your card is lost or stolen. You are responsible for returning on time and in good condition any items borrowed with it. Therefore, cards must not be loaned to others. To replace a lost card: come to the library with identification. Card replacement cost is $3.00.
- What hours are the libraries open?
Abington Free Library is open:
Fri. and Sat. 9:30am-5pm
Roslyn Branch Library is open:
Tues, Thurs., Fri. 11am-6pm
- Where can I get a library card application?
Please visit our library card application page for more information.
- How do I find a book?
- How do I renew a book?
You can renew your book by logging into your MCLINC account: My Account. Please note the following rules:
- Items with reserves on them cannot be renewed.
- Renewable Abington Township Public Libraries' items can be renewed ONCE.
- Renew in the Library with or without the item, online, or over the phone. Patron must have a valid library card to renew. Look into renewing online!
- After the original borrowing period and one renewal, the borrowing patron cannot check out that item for 24 hours.
- Renewals are for the original loan period.
- Abington Township Public Libraries' DVDs can now be renewed once if there is no reserves on them. They are available on a first come first serve basis.
- When the library system is offline, we are not able to renew your items unless you bring in your library card and the items you wish to renew.
- DVDs are for home use only and by copyright law may not be copied.
- How can I request a book?
You can reserve items:
- at the library,
- by phone, (215-885-5180, ext. 13) or
- through MCLINC online - Download Instructions Here
- How to request a specific Copy or Volume - Download Instructions Here
You can reserve up to three (3) books or other items in person or by telephone. If you call, please have your library card barcode at hand so you can read it to the person taking your request. If the item you have requested online is immediately available at our Library, it will show up on a list generated from a program that must run overnight. This list is printed once every morning. We then search for the item on our shelves, and process it for your pick up.
- How do I view my account information?
To begin, log into your MCLINC account: My Account
- Along the top of the page, find the words: Library Info | Search | Patron Account | Help
- Click on Patron Account
- ENTER the barcode number from the back of your Library Card
(21030XXXXXXXXX - no spaces)
- ENTER your password
You will now see what items you currently checked out, when they're due, what items you have requested and where your request is in the queue. You can NOW you RENEW your items ONLINE. Renew in the Library with or without the item, online, or over the phone. Patron must have a valid library card to renew. Look into renewing online!
- if the item is renewable, for example, if someone else has requested it.
- if you have not exceeded your renewal limit
- if the item is not overdue AND if there are no blocks on your account
- What programs are available at the library?
You can search our website by event location or by type:
- Does the library offer free museum passes?
Yes! As of March 14, 2014, Abington Free Library offers FREE passes available for check-out from selected local museums and institutions! Each pass checks out for three days and can be used at the museum or institution for a group of people. (Passes vary in the number of people admitted, so check with library staff on the specifics.) Check out the list in our catalog!
- How do I research topics?
You can search our available eResources to research any topic.
- How do I donate or support the library?
There are many ways that you can donate to the library. Please visit our donate website page for more information.
- How can I volunteer?
Please visit our volunteer website page for more information.
- How can I rent a meeting room at the library?
Please visit our meeting room policy website page for more information.
- Where can I find information about your library policies?
Please visit our library policies website page for more information.
- How do I learn English or improve my reading skills?
Abington Township Public Libraries offers adult literacy programs. For additional information, please stop by the Adult Literacy office at Abington Free Library, on the lower level, across from the Children’s Department. You also can call Rob Naborn at 215-885-5183, or email AbLit1@yahoo.com.
Here is more information about adult literacy program and upcoming events.
- How do I access the library wireless network?
Here is more information on how to access our wireless network.
- How can I download an audio book or eBook?
Please visit our OverDrive website page for more information.
- How can I get to the library using public transportation (SEPTA)?
- Where can I find tax form information?
You can download our Tax Form Information PDF here.
Where are some places I can look for a library book in my home?